KERALAN FISH CURRY
This delicious Indian curry has aromatic flavours to make your taste buds tingle.
- Garlic4 Cloves
- GingerGinger 2.5cm fresh root ginger
- Green chilli1
- White fish750g
- Ground nut oil2 Tsp
- Mustard seeds1 Tsp
- Curry leaves20
- Chilli powder1 Tbsp
- Turmeric1 Tsp
- Coconut milk400g Can
- Chopped tomatoes400g Can
1. Peel and finely slice the shallots, garlic and ginger. Trim and finely slice the chilli. Cut the fish into chunks.
2. Heat the ground nut oil in a large pan, add the mustard seeds and curry leaves and cook until the seeds start to pop.
3. Add the shallot, garlic, ginger and chilli, and cook on a medium heat for five minutes, until softened.
4. Mix together the chilli powder and turmeric with a splash of water, then add to the pan. Fry for a minute, then add the fish, coconut milk and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper then simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Divide into bowls, garnish with coriander leaves then serve with basmati rice and warm naan bread.