BEEF CURRY WITH CHILLI PEPPERS
A delicious curry packed full of flavour. The perfect evening meal which will be loved by the whole family.
- Yoghurt4 Tbsp
- Ground coriander1 Tbsp
- Ground turmeric1/2 Tbsp
- Chilli powder1/2 Tbsp
- Beef, dried800g
- Grated coconut4 Tbsp
- Garlic2 Clovs
- Coconut oil2 Tbsp
- Cardamom pods3
- Fennel seeds1/2 Tsp
- Onions, diced3
- Green chillies4
- Ground paprika3 Tsp
- Mix together the yoghurt, coriander, turmeric and chilli then stir in the meat ensuring the marinade covers all of the meat. Cover and leave to marinate for at least two hours.
- Pour 150ml hot water over the grated coconut and leave to steep.
- In a seperate bowl mix together the tomato, garlic and ginger and leave to one side.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan add the cardamom, cloves, fennel seeds and the cinnamon stick. Roast for 10 minutes then add the onions and chilli peppers and fry until brown.
- Add the meat and remaining marinade then fry for five minutes. Season with salt and paprika and stir in the coconut with water, along with the tomato and garlic mixture. Stir well then cover and braise on a low heat for one hour stirring occasionally.
- After 30 minutes add the stock and cook for a further 10 minutes. If the sauce becomes too thick, add a more stock, then divide into bowls and serve with rice.